Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Just checking in

OK so its midway through Week 2 of the new training regime. Eating clean except for planned cheat day (Saturday) and keeping the carbs down and fibre and protein up the best I can. I have never been the best clean eater, that much is for certain. Oh actually the LighterLife experience kept it VERY clean, but that was an exception.

So chicken, fish, and fruit are the main substance right now, along with some cereal to get the fibre up too. That hasn't been too hard at all. But as the supplies run low, I have to run the gauntlet of the supermarket once more, and avoid the bread, chocolate, cakes, sweets, ready meals and so on, just to get to the 'fun' stuff.

I can't moan too much about the basics, after all, protein rich chicken and fish are my favourites anyway, so its all good. Next week I will make the intake a little cleaner still and focus on getting my fluids up more.

Training wise, at the moment I am doing a 6 day a week, twice a day program I made for myself. A little egotistical, and probably a little amateurish, but the main thing is its targeting my key areas of concern including core / trunk, and fits my day to day routine. Floor and frame exercises in the morning, and weights in the evening. So far I'm loving it and feel fantabulous for it.

Looks wise, and numbers wise, well both a bit ugly at the moment. Weight around 250, aiming to get back to my happy zone around 220. Got weigh in on Friday so lets see. No major changes clothing fit wise, but then its very early days, but at the same time, I feel like I am sitting tall and walking proud, so that's nice. All the while my core is super tight, which also feels nice.

I look back of days gone by and think of the amount of energy I have expelled training, and compared it to now. Current day is far less, but far more controlled too, and it doesn't feel too bad either. I'm not aiming to be the next big bodybuilder or anything, just return to good health and look a little better at the same time. Now, its about pacing myself, making gradual changes in all areas of life, with the end goal being good health, and a revived ego.

So that's me, mid way through week 2.... Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment