Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Found my stride again

After a few off days, and being plagued with a painful shoulder, all seems to be coming back together again now.
The recent crap weather has knocked my routine badly. Unable to walk the dogs in the rain, I have been putting my workout back and back until I was getting short on time. But the sun is back and so is the routine.

Week4 this week, so its 'rest' week, if you call cardio and yoga rest that is. But its a beautiful thing and challenges the body in so many ways. An extra round of plyo last night really showed how deep I can dig now if I really try. Sweating so much it was dripping off my nose every second or so. Amazing!

The rest week has been perfect for allowing my shoulder to rest a bit, although yoga doesn't go easy on the shoulder with all the vinyasa's and down-dogs, but I have managed.

So once back on the main routine, and back on Phase 2 I will be going a little easier on my shoulders. I think ego has got the better of me recently, and made me push muscles and joints a little too hard. This was never meant to be about bulking out or building mass, so the weights were always meant to stay within reason. So I have found my happy place now.

2 weeks into Phase 2 I fly out to Florida, so will be making sure I carry on out there too. Should be easy enough, and with the AC on maybe a bit easier. Although I do fancy some plyo by the pool one day. Could be fun eh.

Diet wise, I'm back to cereal, with one high carb and protein meal a day, chicken, rice, potato, beans etc. Seems to be working nicely, energy is there as is the weight management. Win win.

So been a long 12 hours. 8 miles with the dogs, Plyo, Core Syns, and will hit Kenpo tonight to finish off a great 24 hours. Along with another 4 miles with the dogs.

How's your day going?
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment