Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ok quick switch up

After noticing joint aches etc, and having them subside during rest week, I have decided to switch it up again for Week 5. Dropping the weights and upping the reps. Finding the perfect balance to really make the muscles work, without impacting the joints too badly. Todays workout of Back and Biceps was proof enough that I have got the balance right.

Dropping weights by about 1/3, and upping the reps by the same proportions seems to be about right. The vest is sitting out some routines too at the mo, just to make sure my shoulder is right. Still being used for plyo, kenpo etc though.

The other small change is to ARX. Rather than wearing myself out hitting 25 on some then having nothing left for others, I set the goal to 20. 20 reps for ALL movements, no excuses. And today I did just that. All except for V-ups which I managed 16.

That small change has made a massive difference to results and drive. Damn I ache.

Otherwise, its Week5, Round 2 of P90X, and I'm still loving it as much as ever. Have shockingly dropped a few pounds too, which was a surprise. Still not monitoring the weight, but occasional weigh-ins throw up some nice surprises lol.

Have a good workout people.....

Snaz.....out!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment