Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ouch

That's the sound I'm making a lot at the mo. Not badly, but I have some tension in my shoulder, neck and shoulder blade which is making some things quite miserable to do, especially yoga this morning. Try Vinyasa's with a tight shoulder, grrr! Very annoying to say the least.

But I plodded on all the same. All the time thinking and stressing about the shoulder which has really put me off my game. Unlike usual sessions, all I was doing was looking towards the end of the routine. Drained of mental energy before I even got started this morning, I was already doubting I should do it this morning, before the first sun salutation.

I feel good for digging deep and completing it, but at the same time I am mad that it was such a non-productive session. Rather than feeling relaxed, loose and restful, I just felt tired and exhausted, which is never a good thing.

So that's the negative of the day. I know I need to go and see Kevin at Back On Track soon, (my physio), and get things on the mend, as well as some movements and routines to keep things moving and relaxed for the future. This is after all only week 3 of P90X round 2, so I have a long way to go yet.

On another note, with 3 weeks before my trip to Florida, and curious to see what I can really achieve with this body of mine, I am reverting back to my previous diet, the cereal diet. I know I lose weight on it, and at the same time I know I have the energy to complete my workouts too, so it seems the sensible option. Really wanna knuckle down for the next 3 weeks.

In the meantime, things are still going well, still beating PB's weekly, still increasing the vest weight (could be an issue with the shoulder), and still seeing and feeling changes within my body on a weekly basis.

All I can say is thank heavens for #TeamSnaz who are keeping me pumped and motivated right now, and keeping me hungry and competitive. Thanks guys and gals
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment